Thursday, July 26, 2007

So, I Caused Chase Utley's Injury... Direct your Hatemail here





I will now tell you the whole long, sad tale. I am in a league with my close high school friends. My one friend Pat is a rookie in fantasy sports this year, and he won football last season in his first time ever playing. His team name for that league was "the tripod" named for his triback system. Well last week in baseball I acquired Roy Oswalt and so it gave me 3 awesome starters- Roy Oswalt, Jake Peavy, and John Lackey. I renamed my team "The Tripod" as a tongue in cheek reference to my friend.

My friend was furious when he saw that, and posted to the boards "This week you will be cursed by the fantasy gods and lose big time." And lo and behold, 3 days later, Utley goes down.

So yeah, this is all my fault.

This is eerie because in football, I traded for LT in the middle of the season. This same friend Pat told me that the fantasy gods would not allow my team to get this good. The very next weekend McNabb went down for the year along with Kevin Jones, 2 of my best players. This guy's hexing my teams really does suck.

No comments: